by Kara Dolan-West | Dec 29, 2014 | Social Security in the News
In November, the Nation celebrated Veterans Day, honoring all those who served in the military. Social Security doesn’t just honor these dedicated men and women on one day of the year-we have made it our daily mission to help service members who have defended our country.
Through the Wounded Warrior program, Social Security expedites processing of disability applications of current military service members or veterans disabled while on active duty on or after October 1, 2001. Also, service members and veterans who have a Department of Veterans Affairs compensation rating of 100% Permanent and Total (P&T) may receive expedited processing of applications for Social Security disability benefits. Keep in mind this expedited process applies only to the application for benefits. To be eligible for benefits, you must meet Social Security’s strict definition of “disability,” which means:
- Applicants must be unable to do substantial work because of medical condition(s); and
- Applicant’s medical condition(s) must have lasted, or be expected to last, at least one year or to result in death.
If you are a veteran and you need assistance applying for social security benefits, please contact The Bainbridge Firm.
- Social Security and Disability Compensation
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- General Information
- Hearing Process
- In the News
- Psychological Conditions
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Workplace Accidents and Injuries
- Workers' Compensation in the News
- Workers' Compensation Programs