What do I do when I am injured on the job?

by The Bainbridge Firm, LLC | Jan 16, 2017 | Hearing Process

If you are injured on the job, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention, especially if your injury is severe. Second, your supervisor should be notified about your injury and the way in which it occurred. Next, you should complete the appropriate claim forms to participate in the workers’ compensation system.

When you inform your supervisor or employer of the injury, your employer will likely give you the appropriate claim forms to fill out. However, if you are not provided the appropriate forms, you may visit the Bureau of Workers’ compensation website and fill out the First Report of Injury (FROI) form. This form will need to be submitted to the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ compensation. Once submitted, you will receive a claim number.

This does not guarantee that you will be receiving benefits; it only means that your claim has been successfully filed. At that point, you should wait to hear from the BWC. The BWC may make an initial determination on your claim or it may arrange for a hearing with the Industrial Commission.

Tags: injured while working injured workers Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation workers' compensation attorney