Casaundra L. Johnson
CONTACT ME: (614) 545-9990
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Veterans Disability
Casaundra has experience advocating for clients seeking workers’ compensation, Social Security disability, and VA disability benefits. Before joining The Bainbridge Firm, Casaundra served as an attorney at the Ohio Industrial Commission where she provided extensive legal assistance to the Chairman of the Commission. During law school, she successfully represented clients seeking Social Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance benefits through a pro bono legal clinic. Now, as an associate attorney, she represents clients in hearings before both the Ohio Industrial Commission and Social Security Administration, assists in workers’ compensation appeals to the Tenth District Court of Appeals, and advocates for veterans in VA disability appeals before the Veterans Benefits Administration and Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
Originally from Springfield, Ohio, Casaundra earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and minor in Criminology from The Ohio State University. She graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida. In addition to the legal clinic, Casaundra also taught law-focused lessons at a juvenile detention center for girls during law school, served as an editor for the Inter-American Law Review, and participated in several internships, including a clerkship with a state appellate court judge.
Casaundra is a VA-accredited attorney who is licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio and admitted to practice in the U.S. Southern District of Ohio. She is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, Clark County Bar Association, Ohio Association for Justice, National Organization for Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR), and National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA).
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. – 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. – 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, Incorporated
- Ohio, 2014
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Clark County Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- National Organization for Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA)
- Crossroads: How the Intersection of Technology, Medicine, and the Law Impact the Administration of Healthcare in Florida and Puerto Rico., 209 U. Miami Inter-Am L. Rev., Volume 46 Issue 2, 2015