If my claim is disallowed what can I do?

by Kara Dolan-West | Dec 01, 2014 | Hearing Process

If your claim was disallowed, you may want to file an appeal. Once you have received the BWC order disallowing your claim, you have 14 days to file an appeal if you disagree with the decision. You may file the appeal online through the Industrial Commission Online Network (I.C.O.N.), or you may file an appeal in writing. To file an appeal in writing you must print the Notice of Appeal (IC-2) form, fill it out and send the form to any Industrial Commission service office. Once the Industrial Commission receives your appeal, they will notify you of the time, date, and location of your hearing.

While the workers’ compensation process can be navigated by the injured worker, it is highly suggested that you contact an attorney to help gain the benefits you deserve. If you have been injured on the job and need assistance with your claim, please contact The Bainbridge Firm.

Tags: appeals claim disallowed conditions disallowed disallowed Industrial Commission